NBA: Kristaps Porzingis takes on Dallas Mavericks Revanche
The Dallas Mavericks have in Washington against Wizards around Kristaps Porzingis a swatter, Franz Wagner violates. The Memphis Grizzlies win with a B team against Phoenix, the Minnesota Timberwolves keep their playoff dreams alive.
- Orlando Magic (20-58) – Toronto Raptors (45-32) 89: 102 (Boxscore)
- Washington Wizards (34-43) – Dallas Mavericks (48-30) 135: 103 (Boxscore)
- Boston Celtics (48-30) – Indiana Pacers (25-53) 128: 123 (Boxscore)
Orlando Magic (20-58) – Toronto Raptors (45-32) 89: 102 (Boxscore)
- Fifth victory in a row for the Raptors, who now have three games lead on Cleveland in rank seven and thus slowly, but certainly the planning for the first playoff round can begin. In Orlando, the Canadians did not burn anything and led to the third quarter with up to 22 points.
- Foundation for this was a solid defensive performance. Orlando only met 42 percent out of the field, for which Toronto forces 21 ball losses, which led to 32 own points. The complete starting five of the Raptors finished the game in Double Digits, Scottie Barnes (19, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, +32) and Fred Vanvleet (19, 7/19, 5 Steals, +30) were the best scorer. Pascal Siakam scored 16 meters and reached 11 rebounds.
- For Orlando, the 15 points (10 rebounds, 6 assists and 3 blocks) from Mo Bamba were already the best value of the team. In the fourth neighborhood, MARKELLE FULTZ (12, 7 Assists) and Moe Wagner (8, 3/8 FG, 8 Rebounds) introduced the hosts again to -11, but Toronto kept the nerves and played it sovereign.
- For Franz Wagner, the evening was already after 20 seconds. The Berliner injured a defensive action in the post office when Scottie Barnes fell on his foot. The Magic announced in the first quarter that Wagner would no longer return. Magic coach Jamahl Mosley could not give any update for injury after the game.
Washington Wizards (34-43) – Dallas Mavericks (48-30) 135: 103 (Boxscore)
- Off-Night for the MAVs, which depicted a bloodless appearance during reunion with Kristaps Porzingis. The opposite was the case for the Letten the case, which was visibly motivated and his former team of 24 points (8/18 FG). Especially at the beginning of the game, the unicorn had a hot hand, later his jumper did not fall anymore.
- In the hosts was not only Porzingis at the beginning in rhythm, also Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (35, 13/19) met his jumper and helped the Wizards whopping 41 points in the first quarter – despite only 6 counters in the z1. Washington met 12/19 for jumps and 8/13 from the middle distance, a fast two-digit lead was the result.
- Dallas was supposed to note that it was the ninth game in 15 days. Many threesome were too short, as a team, the guests met only 30 percent from the distance. That the MAVs briefly returned to -9 shortly before the break, was mainly attracting fouls. Alone in the first half took Dallas 20 free throw, 19 were in it.
- After the break, however, Wizards made a 17: 2 run fast for clear conditions. KCP, Porzingis and Rui Hachimura (21, 8/14) met Dreier, Dallas threw the ball several times. The lead grew to 26 meters, a MAVS run with three threesome in the piece was finally not enough. Luka Doncic (36, 11/22 FG, 10/10 FT) made a total of 5 ball losses. Otherwise, only Jalen Brunson (21, 9/13) two-digit, Maxi glue came to 6 meters (2/5 threesome), 5 rebounds and 1 block in 26 minutes.
- On the other hand, there was a premiere for Head Coach Jason Kidd, who picked up two technical fouls in series early in the fourth quarter and thus saved the garbage Time. In 76 lots before, Kidd had only cashed a single T.
Boston Celtics (48-30) – Indiana Pacers (25-53) 128: 123 (Boxscore)
* It was tedious, in the end, the Celtics did a (start-target) compulsory victory against Indiana, which also made a big play after another in Crunchtime and just did not let go. The problem: Stop the Celtics either. This was especially important for Jaylen Brown, who was with 32 points (12/18 FG) and 7 assists this evening the best actor of the hosts.
* Jayson Tatum (31, 10/24) was not that efficient, but with this dunk over Goga Bitashze for the highlight of the evening. A layup of Derrick White (13) 14 seconds before the end was finally the decision after Oshae Brissett (17) and Lance Stephenson (11, 11 Assists) had scared it in the final phase with threes. The Pacers met 17 out of 36 distant and had to do without her best players in Crunchtime.
* This was clear Tyrese Haliburton, who played the Celtics a good three-quarters in the Pick’n’Roll. The Point Guard scored 30 points with only 11 throws and sunk each of his six threesome. A Fettere StatLine was prevented only by fouls. Four minutes before the end of the third section, the Guard had already accumulated five fouls when he returned in the final quarter, followed the sixth after only 14 seconds.
* At Boston Daniel Theis was allowed to start this time and made his cause in the Rob-Williams role with 10 points (5/8 FG), 8 rebounds and 1 block in 29 minutes very decent. Al Horford came to 17 points (7/8), 10 rebounds and 6 assists.
Articles and videos about the topic
* Wild East! Play-in without the Lakers? So the stand is in front of the season finale
* Experience the NBA live on Dazn. Register now! Can be terminated at any time monthly.